Bob D Harrison
* Estate Planning. We advise our clients in all facets of estate planning, which encompasses the drafting and planning for the disposition of property for preservation of wealth from taxes and creditors through the use of various planning techniques, including lifetime gifts, and intra-family sales, life insurance and other complex trusts, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, grantor retained annuity and unitrusts, qualified personal residence trusts, wills, business and medical powers of attorney and directives to physicians, and related planning techniques.
* Estate and Trust Administration. An integral part of our practice involves the administration of trusts and estates, including independent (and on a selective basis, dependent) and ancillary probate procedures, guardianships, income tax planning, preparation of U.S. Estate tax returns, audit negotiations with the Internal Revenue Service, preparation of tax protests, private letter ruling requests and coordinating dissolution of partnerships and closely held corporations.
* Business Continuation Planning. Many of our clients are owners of closely held businesses. We consult with them on business continuation planning, including formation of closely held businesses, buy-sell agreements, split dollar life insurance agreements, business recapitalizations, certain non-qualified deferred compensation agreements, and family business succession planning.
* Charitable Planning. Charitable planning is another important facet of our practice, including charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, and creation of exempt organizations in connection with charitable planning.
* Fiduciary Representation and Estate and Trust Controversy Matters. We represent fiduciaries and coordinate fiduciary litigation matters, including fiduciary liability issues, will contests, and trust modification and construction issues.
* Marital Property Issues. We also advise our clients on the Texas community property system and related marital property matters, including premarital and postmarital property agreements between spouses.
Accredited Estate Planner - National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
Fellow - American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
Bob D Harrison
Bisignano & Harrison LLP
Sterling Plaza #770
5949 Sherry Ln
Dallas TX 75225-8003
Tel: 214 360-9777
Fax: 214 360-9794
Bob Harrison is a founding partner of Bisignano & Harrison, L.L.P., where he counsels clients on estate planning, business continuation planning, charitable gift planning, estate and trust administration, wealth preservation, fiduciary representation, and marital property issues.
Attorney Harrison is an active member of the State Bar of Texas and is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and the Texas Bar Foundation. Bob is a member of the Executive Committee of the Dallas Estate Planning Council and serves as President of the Council in 2007-08. He also served on the Board of Directors of the Dallas Bar Association Probate, Trusts and Estates Section and served as Chairman of the Section in 1998-99. Bob has been named as one of the Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates Practice Area by Woodward White, 1994-2007, and a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly Magazine, 2004 through 2007.
Mr. Harrison received his B.B.A. degree from Southern Methodist University in 1970, where he was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, and his J.D. degree from Southern Methodist University in 1973, where he was a member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity, Order of the Coif, Barristers, and an Associate Editor of SMU Law Review (formerly Southwestern Law Journal).