Santo Bisignano Jr
* Estate Planning. We advise our clients in all facets of estate planning, which encompasses the drafting and planning for the disposition of property for preservation of wealth from taxes and creditors through the use of various planning techniques, including lifetime gifts, and intra-family sales, life insurance and other complex trusts, family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, grantor retained annuity and unitrusts, qualified personal residence trusts, wills, business and medical powers of attorney and directives to physicians, and related planning techniques.
* Estate and Trust Administration. An integral part of our practice involves the administration of trusts and estates, including independent (and on a selective basis, dependent) and ancillary probate procedures, guardianships, income tax planning, preparation of U.S. Estate tax returns, audit negotiations with the Internal Revenue Service, preparation of tax protests, private letter ruling requests and coordinating dissolution of partnerships and closely held corporations.
* Business Continuation Planning. Many of our clients are owners of closely held businesses. We consult with them on business continuation planning, including formation of closely held businesses, buy-sell agreements, split dollar life insurance agreements, business recapitalizations, certain non-qualified deferred compensation agreements, and family business succession planning.
* Charitable Planning. Charitable planning is another important facet of our practice, including charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, and creation of exempt organizations in connection with charitable planning.
* Fiduciary Representation and Estate and Trust Controversy Matters. We represent fiduciaries and coordinate fiduciary litigation matters, including fiduciary liability issues, will contests, and trust modification and construction issues.
* Marital Property Issues. We also advise our clients on the Texas community property system and related marital property matters, including premarital and postmarital property agreements between spouses.
Accredited Estate Planner - National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
Fellow - American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
Santo Bisignano Jr
Bisignano & Harrison LLP
Sterling Plaza #770
5949 Sherry Ln
Dallas TX 75225
Tel: 214 360-9777
Fax: 214 360-9794
Santo Bisignano, Jr. ("Sandy") is a founding partner of Bisignano & Harrison, L.L.P., where he counsels clients on estate planning, business continuation planning, charitable gift planning, estate and trust administration, wealth preservation, fiduciary representation, and marital property issues.
Attorney Bisignano is an active member of the State Bar of Texas and is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and the Texas Bar Foundation. Sandy is past President of the Dallas Estate Planning Council (1999-2000). He also served on the Board of Directors of the Dallas Bar Association Probate, Trusts and Estates Section and as Chairman of the Section in 1992-93. Sandy has been named as one of the â€œBest Lawyers in Americaâ€ by Woodward White, 1994 through 2007; â€œBest Lawyers in Dallas/Ft. Worthâ€ by D Magazine, 2003 through 2007; and a â€œTexas Super Lawyerâ€ by Texas Monthly Magazine, 2004 through 2007. He is also a frequent speaker at local, state, and national estate planning programs and seminars.
Mr. Bisignano received his B.B.A. degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1969, where he was a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, an M.B.A. from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business in 1971, and his J.D. degree from the University of Notre Dame in 1978, where he was an Associate Editor of the Notre Dame Law Review.
Click here to see information about a program Mr. Bisignano co-chaired for new lawyers (and other professionals) who want to include Estate Planning in their practices and for more experienced lawyers who want a comprehensive overview of Estate Planning.